Tuition and Fees
Full-time tuition for students entering the AuD and MSDE programs during the 2013-14 academic year is $33,000 per year plus a matriculation fee of $200. Part-time tuition is $850 per semester hour. Tuition rates will not increase above the amount set at the time of enrollment, assuming continuous full-time enrollment. Full-time tuition also includes student health, life and disability coverate through Washington University School of Medicine. The PhD program follows the tuition and fee structure of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Additional fees may be required for international students.
PACS is committed to enrolling talented, motivated students from diverse backgrounds. Historically, we have been able to provide financial assistance for 100% of our students through a variety of support mechanisms.
Scholarships are the primary form of financial support for our students. Offered at the time of admission, scholarships are guaranteed for all years of study, provided the student remains in good standing. There is no work requirement in exchange for the scholarship during the student's enrollment. A service obligation may be required for some scholarship recipients.
- AuD scholarships generally reduce the amount of annual tuition by 25% to 50%
- all MSDE students entering in 2013 are eligible for 100% tuition remission for all years of study
- PhD students generally receive similar funding in the form of partial tuition remission of up to 80%
Following admission, a number of other opportunities may also be available. Announcements and information are distributed to students directly as these are available.
- A limited number of assistantships are available on a competitive basis. These positions typically provide a financial award in exchange for a work commitment to PACS, such as serving as a teaching or clerical assistant.
- Federal work-study positions may be available to qualified students. Such positions generally involve clerical work within PACS.
- Part-time, paid positions are often available. Recent positions have involved working with children in the school or a position in a research lab.
- A number of other internal scholarships and awards are also made on an annual basis following matriculation.
- For information about loans, AuD and MSDE applicants may contact the Office of Student Financial Planning at (888) 840-3239, email@example.com, or wusmfinaid.wustl.edu. PhD applicants may call (314) 935-6821.